Welcome to Cannabis Advertising and marketing Reside, All Puff. No Fluff.
These days is all about blogging. In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Why blogging is important for cannabis firms
- What you require to know to get began
- Blogging Greatest Practices
Verify it out!
When I began my initially weblog in 2001, it was strictly for exciting and permitted me to do two issues I enjoy:
- inform stories about my perform/travel adventures
- Keep in touch with pal and loved ones without having getting to send emails to everybody (oh life ahead of social media was so exciting when it came to staying in touch)
More than the years, it was important for me to keep up-to-date about blogging for my students and customers. I’ve taken classes about blogging, researched it extensively to develop a case for blogging at the university exactly where I worked, and ultimately, I teach blogging as element of my social media classes.
But sufficient about me. Let’s speak about why blogging is crtical for your cannabis business.
Blogging is nonetheless significant, and even much more so for cannabis firms.
Take into account these stats:
- B2B firms that blogged 11+ occasions per month had nearly 3X much more site visitors than these blogging -1 occasions per month. (HubSpot, 2015)
- B2C firms that blogged 11+ occasions per month got much more than 4X as lots of leads than these that weblog only four-five occasions per month. (HubSpot, 2015) (Supply: https://www.hubspot.com/advertising-statistics)
- 47% of purchasers viewed three-five pieces of content material ahead of engaging with a sales rep. (Demand Gen Report, 2016)
- 94% of individuals who share posts do so due to the fact they consider it may be valuable to other individuals
Blogging is important for cannabis firms
Right here are a couple of factors why:
- You Personal the platform, you personal the content material
- Make original content material that is new and necessary in the business
- Continue assisting to transform the perceptions about cannabis across the nation and the planet
- Enhance your search rankings on Google (given that we cannot run paid advertisements on Google)
- Customers acquire from web-sites that offered trusted facts and content material!
- No one particular can shut you down
What you require to get began
There are lots of tools out there that make blogging promptly turn into intense and time-consuming, so we’re only going to concentrate on a couple of of them these days.
- Your business and web page
- Clear ambitions
- Recognize your audience (build a buyer persona)
- Crucial subjects your audience is interested in – and there is a enormous lack of genuine content material to support new cannabis consumers really feel comfy!
- Begin Writing
Blogging Greatest Practices for Your Cannabis Company
There are lots of ideal practices and suggestions to use content material to develop your small business. Right here are a couple of essential suggestions to get you began!
Create for your audience
Who are you writing for? Are you writing for a millennial who is a normal smoker, or a child boomer searching to attempt it for the initially time in decades? Create for them. Do not attempt to create for everybody, but create for them, you are speaking to genuine individuals
Who is your brand? What do you stand for? Why is your business in small business? What is your Why? Use these guiding principles to keep correct to your business and your audience. Our consumers are sophisticated and they can sense insincerity, so stick to becoming genuine. Life is also quick to do something else.
Use Your Search engine optimization Cannabis Keyword phrases
Create for your audience, but you want to make positive you are such as Search engine optimization keywords and phrases in your posts. Tools like Yoast (WordPress Plug-in), SEMRush and Answer the Public can support you get began in discovering the ideal cannabis keywords and phrases for your small business.
Use photos, videos, GIFs, podcasts, or what ever is less complicated for you and fits your style. Constantly make positive you are working with keywords and phrases and describing your content material. Google does not scan videos so actual words are nonetheless essential to enhancing your search final results, buyer trust, and developing your small business!