Overall CBDC Brand Rating for Real Scientific Hemp Oil: 8.6/10
The Utah-based brand works with a testing lab with an International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 17025:2005 accreditation to ensure its products’ safety.
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) also certified the brand’s ingredients as organic. OECD is an international organization that implements standards that support the development of improved international policies.
However, the RSHO website has a confusing layout and has no online shop, which may be inconvenient for buyers. You have to buy RSHO products from the brand’s online distributor, HempMeds. Third-party lab test results are also not published on the brand’s website. Still, you may access the lab reports once they buy a product and receive a QR code.
Real Scientific Hemp Oil Company Summary
- RSHO was founded in 2012 in Lindon, Utah, to promote the benefits of CBD to the masses.
- The brand offers full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate products. It also uses a solvent-free CO2 extraction process to ensure product safety.
- RSHO developed a triple testing standard, ensuring that all of its products are safe and free from contaminants.
- The brand provides a QR code to customers to view the certificate of analysis (COA) of the product they purchased.
Real Scientific Hemp Oil Pros and Cons
|Offers unique CBD oral applicator products||Confusing website layout|
|Partners with an ISO/IEC 17025:2005-accredited testing lab||No online shop|
|Products are US Hemp Authority-certified||Third-party lab tests not readily available|
|Products are certified organic by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)|
Real Scientific Hemp Oil Pros
- The Real Scientific Hemp Oil offers CBD applicators, which are CBD hemp oils encased in tubes for consistent and convenient dosing.
- The brand claims that it taps a testing lab with an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation to ensure product safety and quality. The accreditation is awarded to competent calibration and testing laboratories.
- RSHO products are certified by the US Hemp Authority, which recognizes brands with high standards and best practices.
- The brand uses hemp ingredients certified with the OECD for the UK and Central European markets.
Real Scientific Hemp Oil Cons
- The RSHO website has a confusing layout that may redirect you to external sites when you click on featured tabs.
- Unlike other CBD brands, RSHO has no online shop on its website, which might be inconvenient for buyers. Instead of buying on the RSHO website, customers are redirected to the website of the brand’s online distributor, HempMeds.
- Lab test results are not published on the brand’s website. A QR code, given to those who purchased RSHO products, is needed to access lab results.
Review of Real Scientific Hemp Oil Products
Real Scientific Hemp Oil CBD Oil
The product is available in three variants: Green Label, Blue Label, and Gold Label, all available in two- and four-oz bottles.
RSHO Green Label tinctures retain the raw state of hemp and contain medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil derived from coconut oil and palm oil. According to the brand, the MCT oil it uses serves as an excellent source of healthy fatty acids.
Gold Label tinctures contain pure decarboxylated and filtered hemp oil. The products are also infused with MCT oil from coconut oil.
According to product labels, RSHO tinctures may be taken once or twice a day. You may also gradually increase the serving size until you achieve the results you want.
You may take the oil sublingually or by using a dropper to put the oil under your tongue.
According to a study, jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties(2). Another research noted that sunflower seeds and sprouts have antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and wound-healing properties(3).
Meanwhile, a 2017 study discussed the antimicrobial properties of beeswax in humans. According to the study, beeswax had inhibitory effects against bacteria, including salmonella and Candida albicans, which may cause skin diseases(4).
The brand recommends the salve to users who want to nourish and hydrate dry skin. The salve may also be applied to worn and tired areas of your body, from tired muscles and joints to dry elbows and cuticles.
HempMeds also recommends the salve to more active CBD users, including competitive athletes.
According to RSHO, you may apply the product daily on age spots, wrinkles, and dry skin.
Product reviews show that other product users experienced an improvement in muscle pain after using the salve.
Real Scientific Hemp Oil Capsules
RSHO offers CBD capsules, which are also available in Green Label, Blue Label, and Gold Label variants.
According to RSHO, the capsules also contain 200mg of calcium and 200mg of a special blend of powdered turmeric root and white willow bark.
According to a 2017 study, turmeric contains curcumin, a naturally occurring compound that helps manage a wide range of medical conditions, including inflammatory diseases, anxiety, and arthritis(5).
Meanwhile, a 2013 research noted that white willow bark might help treat fever, pain, and inflammation(6).
The brand recommends a dosage of one to two capsules every day.
Real Scientific Hemp Oil CBD Isolate
The RSHO-X liquid is encased in an amber glass bottle to preserve product purity and increase shelf life.
Product reviews show that the CBD isolate liquid helped some users manage sleeping problems.
According to a 2019 study, CBD may help alleviate anxiety in humans(7).
The oral applicators are available in three- or ten-gram tubes, which come with a plunger for dispensing the oils.
The brand offers applicators with a 15-gram tube, which uses a dial instead of a plunger to dispense the CBD oil.
According to the brand, the 3g CBD applicator also has vitamins, minerals, terpenes, essential fatty acids, and other cannabinoids.
The brand also offers the RSHO Maximum Strength 10g Pure CBD Oil (4500mg CBD), the brand’s highest concentration full-spectrum CBD oil. The product is a combination of RSHO’s Green and Gold Label oils.
To use the applicator, you must remove the cap from the device. You may then depress the plunger until you have dispensed the amount of oil you want according to the markers on the side of the applicator.
You may then consume the oil however you see fit. You may place the oil directly on your fingernail, a spoon, or a butter knife, before putting the oil under your tongue. Hold the oil in place for 90 seconds before swallowing.
You may also add the oil to a scoop of honey, yogurt, or other food to mask the taste.
A 2019 study noted that CBD may provide health benefits like anti-seizure properties(8).
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Northern Europe|
|Popular Products||RSHO 13oz CBD Salve (500mg CBD), RSHO Gold Label 4oz CBD Liquid (1,000mg CBD), and RSHO Gold Label 10g Pure CBD Oil (2,400mg CBD)|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolates|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD oil, capsules, applicators, and topicals|
|Price Range||From $28.99 for the RSHO Blue Label 10oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD) to $1,949.99 for the RSHO Max Strength 10g Pure CBD Oil (4,500mg CBD) 6 Pack|
|Extraction Method||CO2 extraction method|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||The brand claims that its offerings are triple lab tested to ensure safe and quality products. However, lab reports are not available online.|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||The RSHO Blue Label 1oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD) has a CBD concentration of 100.35mg/unit.|
|Potency||The RSHO Blue Label 1oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD) has a CBD potency of 3.35mg/ml.|
|THC Range of Products %||The RSHO Blue Label 1oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD) has a THC content of 1.41mg/unit.|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil|
|Lab Results||RHSO claims that its products are made from non-genetically modified organism (non-GMO) ingredients|
|Shipping/Delivery||Free shipping for orders over $75|
|Refund Policy||14-day return policy|
|Customer Service||Email [email protected]realscientifichempoil.com or call +1 866-273-8502|
|Country Served||Inside and outside the US|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
RSHO aims to provide customers with the best organic solutions to their health issues. The brand’s products are recommended for individuals wanting to incorporate CBD into their general wellness regimen.
Source of Hemp
According to RSHO, its full-spectrum CBD oils are sourced from hemp grown naturally in the Netherlands. The brand said its hemp plants are grown in a generational family-owned farm with centuries of experience.
A full-spectrum extraction process retains the hemp plant’s natural terpenes and cannabinoids.
Some users opt for full-spectrum CBD products to take advantage of the “entourage effect,” which helps maximize CBD’s therapeutic properties.
Meanwhile, a CBD product with CBD isolates contains no other cannabinoids except CBD. A CBD isolate is created by removing all non-CBD compounds from a hemp plant, including THC.
CBD isolate products are recommended for users who want to enjoy CBD while keeping their bodies THC-free.
Range of Products/Forms
RSHO offers CBD in liquids, oils, capsules, applicators, and topicals.
The brand’s most affordable product is the $28.99 for the RSHO Blue Label 10oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD). Meanwhile, the most expensive offering is the $1,949.99 for the RSHO Max Strength 10g Pure CBD Oil (4,500mg CBD) 6 Pack.
RSHO uses the CO2 extraction process in separating CBD and other phytonutrients from the raw hemp plant material.
The CO2 extraction process uses pressurized chambers and pumps to induce very high and low temperatures. The method uses one chamber to hold pressurized CO2, while another pressurized chamber holds the hemp plant in place.
Lab Testing Transparency & Availability
According to RSHO, the company developed a triple testing process to ensure the quality and safety of its products.
The brand claimed that it uses ISO/IEC 17025:2005-accredited testing labs to test its hemp oil. The tests include measuring the exact concentration of cannabinoids, including CBD, cannabidiolic acid (CBDa), cannabigerol (CBG), and THC.
However, the results of the tests are not published online.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
The RSHO Blue Label 1oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD) has a CBD concentration of 100.35mg/unit. The data is collected from a third-party lab report published in June 2019.
The RSHO Blue Label 1oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD) has a CBD potency of 3.35mg/ml. The data is collected from a third-party lab report published in June 2019.
THC Range of Products %
The RSHO Blue Label 1oz CBD Oil Tincture (100mg CBD) has a THC content of 1.41mg/unit. The data is collected from a third-party lab report published in June 2019.
Tincture Carrier Oil
RSHO uses medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil derived from coconut oil and palm oil as its tincture carrier oil.
Lab results are not published on the brand’s website. However, the brand claims that its products are made from non-GMO ingredients.
The brand uses organic and natural ingredients certified by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The brand offers free shipping for orders worth more than $75.
RSHO has a 14-day refund policy for customers who wish to return the products they purchased.
However, packages to be returned must be unused and unopened, and shipping costs are not refundable. If you wish to return a product, you must also shoulder the return shipping costs.
A 15% restocking fee must also be paid for all product returns.
According to RSHO, its products are free from contaminants, including herbicides, pesticides, residual solvents, chemical fertilizers, and other harmful compounds.
If you want to reach RSHO, you may send an email to [email protected]realscientifichempoil.com or call +1 866-273-8502.
Although RSHO does not have its online shop on its website, you may purchase RSHO products from HempMeds. You only have to provide your delivery information and proceed to the checkout page to pay online.
The brand delivers its products within the US. It also ships to more than 40 other countries.
More About Real Scientific Hemp Oil
The brand uses non-GMO hemp and a solvent-free CO2 extraction process to ensure product safety.
In line with its commitment to product safety, the brand developed its triple testing standard.
First, cultivators in Europe test the hemp plants throughout the growing season and again after harvest and extraction. According to the brand, doing the initial tests allows hemp growers to maintain optimal CBD content for RSHO products and check for any contaminants.
The second phase of testing begins once the hemp oils arrive in the US from Europe. An ISO/IEC 17025:2005-accredited lab checks for CBD content and verifies the safety of the oils after their shipment.
Aside from testing the cannabinoid concentration, the lab also tests yeast, mold, fungus, mildew, bacteria, heavy metals, and residual solvents to ensure that the products are free from contaminants.
After the second round of tests, the CBD oils are sent to the brand’s California-based formulators. According to RSHO, the formulators are certified to be using Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
The formulators begin the final testing, including a batch test of the finished products to ensure product safety.
Aside from ensuring product safety, the brand also promotes global wellness through CBD use.
The brand’s distributor, HempMeds, pushed for the legal import of CBD oil products in Brazil, Mexico, and Paraguay. Additional information about RSHO is available on the HempMeds website.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound and is one of the several cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant.
Most CBD brands mix CBD with tincture carrier oils to create CBD oil products. Some of these oils include MCT oil, which is mostly extracted from coconut oil, and hempseed oil, which is extracted from hemp seeds.
Is There Any Science Behind CBD Oil?
The brand claims that RSHO CBD products interact with cannabinoid receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
According to a 2017 study, ECS is a biological system that plays a crucial role in developing the central nervous system (CNS)(9).
A different study noted that modulating the body’s ECS may help treat a wide range of medical conditions, including mood and anxiety disorders, movement disorders, neuropathic pain, multiple sclerosis, cancer, stroke, hypertension, and glaucoma(10).
Is There a Difference Between CBD Oil and Hemp Oil?
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from hemp and then mixing it into tincture carrier oils, such as hempseed oil or MCT oil.
The main difference between hempseed oil and CBD oil is that hempseed oil has almost zero CBD content, while CBD oil has a high-CBD range.
Most CBD oils are created using the stalks, flowers, and leaves of hemp plants, all of which are rich in CBD. Meanwhile, most hemp oils are sourced from hemp seeds, which contain only trace amounts of cannabinoids(11).
What Are the Side Effects of CBD?
It is essential to consult your doctor before consuming CBD because it may cause side effects, including diarrhea, dry mouth, reduced appetite, drowsiness, and tiredness. It may also interact with other drugs inside your body(12).
Seeking medical advice from your doctor is crucial, especially if you are taking other drugs for a serious medical condition.
Is CBD Legal?
The use of hemp-derived CBD is legal at the federal level in the United States since 2018, when former President Donald Trump passed the Farm Bill. Under the bill, hemp cultivation is permitted as long the plant has less than 0.3% THC(13).
However, it is still recommended to read up on state laws before buying CBD as CBD regulation laws vary depending on the state. It is also important to note that CBD’s use is still unregulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
RSHO is on track to successfully educate the masses on CBD’s medicinal benefits by providing the highest quality CBD products. The brand is also on its way to successfully promoting the production of safe CBD products.
The brand may serve as a model to other CBD brands to have triple testing processes to ensure CBD products‘ safety.
Because RSHO products do not contain THC, they may be recommended for competitive athletes, first responders, or anyone subject to a drug test.
Nevertheless, RSHO may still improve its service by putting more information on its website. The website currently lacks vital product information, and product pages are only available at HempMeds’ website.
RSHO may also be more transparent by publishing its third-party lab reports on its website. This way, even those who are still planning to buy RSHO products may also view COAs.
- Wang, M., Wang, Y., Avula, B., Radwan, M., Wanas, A., Antwerp, J., Parcher, J., ElSohly, M., & Khan, I. (2016). Decarboxylation Study of Acidic Cannabinoids: A Novel Approach Using Ultra-High-Performance Supercritical Fluid Chromatography/Photodiode Array-Mass Spectrometry. Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, 1(1): 262–271 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5549281/
- Al-Obaidi, J., Halabi, M., AlKhalifah, N., Asanar, S., Al-Soqeer, A., & Attiah, M. (2017). A review on plant importance, biotechnological aspects, and cultivation challenges of jojoba plant. Biological Research, 50: 25. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5571488/
- Guo, S., Ge, Y., & Jom, K. (2017). A review of phytochemistry, metabolite changes, and medicinal uses of the common sunflower seed and sprouts (Helianthus annuus L.). Chemistry Central Journal, 11: 95. http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5622016/
- Cornara, L., Biagi, M., Xiao, J., & Burlando, B. (2017). Therapeutic Properties of Bioactive Compounds from Different Honeybee Products. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 8: 412. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5487425/
- Hewlings, S. & Kalman, D. (2017). Curcumin: A Review of It’s Effects on Human Health. Foods, 6(10): 92. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/
- Ishikado, A., Sono, Y., Matsumoto, M., Robida-Stubbs, S., Okuno, A., Goto, M., King, G., Blackwell, T., & Makino, T. (2013). Willow bark extract increases antioxidant enzymes and reduces oxidative stress through activation of Nrf2 in vascular endothelial cells and Caenorhabditis elegans. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 65. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3800243/
- Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in anxiety and sleep: a large case series. The Permanente Journal, 23. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc6326553/
- Silvestro, S., Mammana, S., Cavalli, E., Bramanti, P., & Mazzon, E. (2019). Use of Cannabidiol in the Treatment of Epilepsy: Efficacy and Security in Clinical Trials. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), 24(8), 1459. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules24081459
- Lu, H. & Mackie, K. (2017). An introduction to the endogenous cannabinoid system. Biological Psychiatry. 79(7): 516–525. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4789136/
- Pacher, P., Batkai, S., & Kunos, G. (2006). The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy. Pharmacological Reviews, 58(3): 389–462. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2241751/
- US Food and Drug Administration. FDA Responds to Three GRAS Notices for Hemp Seed-Derived Ingredients for Use in Human Food. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/food/cfsan-constituent-updates/fda-responds-three-gras-notices-hemp-seed-derived-ingredients-use-human-food
- Mayo Clinic. Consumer Health. CBD: Safe and Effective? Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/is-cbd-safe-and-effective/faq-20446700
- FDA. FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products, Including Cannabidiol (CBD). Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/fda-regulation-cannabis-and-cannabis-derived-products-including-cannabidiol-cbd
CBD Clinicals is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more