The best bath bombs are infused bath bombs! Plus, these DIY cannabis bath bombs can be made using just a few ingredients that you likely already have in your bathroom and pantry. Keep reading to learn how to make an amazingly fizzy and relaxing CBD or THC bath bomb from scratch at home using your Ardent decarboxylator.
Did you know we just released a Mini Chocolate Truffle Cups Kit and Mini Apple Pies Infusion Kit? They’re on sale and available for a limited time!
Check out the new kits here.
Cannabis Bath Bomb Recipes Including CBD, THC or Both
For those living with chronic pain, frequent baths and soaks may already be a part of your wellness routine. Those with skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis can also benefit from using THC or CBD topicals.
When dosing out cannabis for your weed bath bombs, you may want to consider which cannabinoid you’re most interested in using. You can decarboxylate CBD-rich material like flower, sugar leaf, kief, concentrates, and more, to infuse into oils and make CBD bath products of all kinds.
You can also decarboxylate THC-rich material for other infused bath and skincare products.
Try using the power of ratios in your homemade products, either by utilizing strains with varying concentrations of each cannabinoid, or by combining both oils in your final product.
DIY CBD or THC Infused Bath Bomb Instructions
- Bath bomb molds
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup epsom salt (we like lavender or eucalyptus infused salts)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Mica pigment powder (in the color and quantity of your choice)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond, coconut, avocado, or walnut oil.
- ¾ tablespoon water
- 15 drops essential oils of your choice
- 1 gram of CBD, THC, or your preferred ratio of both
- Ardent Nova, FX decarboxylator, or an oven if you do not own one yet.
- Decarboxylate your plant material in the Ardent Nova or in the FX using the A1 setting for THC-rich material and A2 setting for CBD-rich material.
- Next, add the base oil of your choice from the list above (we chose almond oil) and allow it to infuse in the Ardent Nova or FX on the infuse setting.
- Strain. If you’re using the FX, the Infusion Press is the easiest way to strain beautifully clean oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the infused oil with the water. Very slowly, begin stirring the oil and water into the dry ingredients so that the mixture doesn’t fizz prematurely.
- When the mixture resembles wet sand, carefully pack and overfill each side of the bath bomb mold and allow it to firm up for a few minutes before removing the molds. Then, allow the bath bombs to sit out for at least 24 hours before use.
- Wrap each bath bomb in a cellophane bag and fasten with a twist tie. Then place each wrapped marijuana bath bomb in a satin or mesh bag to hang up on the holiday tree, to use as stocking stuffers, or to gift casually at any time. Enjoy!
Things to Know Before Enjoying
If you’re a government worker, or if you frequently get drug tested, cannabis infused bath bombs are probably not a great idea. Because your skin is in a heightened state of absorption while taking a bath, cannabinoids can more easily pass through your skin and into your bloodstream.
The oil you infuse for the bath bomb also plays a large role in making the cannabinoids in the bath bomb bioavailable. By soaking in the tub for about an hour, you should be able to fully absorb all the cannabinoids your body needs.
And no, you generally will not get high off of a THC-infused bath product, although some industry members do say it’s possible for some women to experience psychoactive effects.
What’re you waiting for? Let your worries fizzle away.